Monday, August 3, 2009

Texas Roadhouse

We went to a Texas Roadhouse restaurant Saturday night. I guess it's the same chain that Keith and Mindy really like in NM. Kevin and Dawn really like it there too, so we were happy to give it a try.

Our kids were excited to be able to put their peanut shells on the floor, and getting to have as many peanuts as they wanted. In the picture below, I'm holding some nuts for Duncan while also holding a sleeping Tegan.


Jennan got into it too.

Duncan and Hunter were having a great weekend.


Waiting for dinner.



Cute Tegan, ... sweaty dad.




Having food like this is such a great way to visit with each other.












Hunter was hiding from the camera, and daddy found him. (You can't tell, but Hunter's laughing.)



Kevin being silly.


We didn't take any pictures of food, but after I had eaten mine, I wished I had. I had the 16 oz. New York Strip steak. Oooooh, it was so good! I asked for it Medium, and it was perfect. Loaded baked potato and steamed broccoli were my sides. Ate it all, no problem. Anna had country fried steak. She liked it pretty well till she tried a bite of mine. Kevin had the Ribeye. Dawn had buffalo wings and some of Ethan's mini cheese burgers. Our kids all had the hotdogs. Aidan had mac & cheese, and I don't remember what Hunter had.


Two things: 1.) Unfortunately, there isn't a Texas Roadhouse by us so I can try their other steaks. But... 2.) Since I don't usually choose the New York cut, I'll start choosing it at the places I've gotten steaks in the past, to see how they measure up (Claim Jumper, Black Angus, etc.) My taste buds can hardly wait.


Good eats!



2 comments:

Sara Kelley said...

you're right...you can't tell hunter is laughing because he totally looks like he's crying.

Kimberly said...

i LOVE that picture of duncan and hunter.