Thursday, August 20, 2009

No Longer Blocked

We were finally able to return back to Disneyland on Monday, after being blocked our the bulk of summer! It was also cool because we'd be able to spend most of the day there instead of having to rush there after work or school.

One of the main objectives during this trip was to get Duncan on the California Screamin' ride for the first time. Somehow, Anna had planted that seed in Duncan's head, that he should do on that ride. A day or two before we went, Duncan came to me about the ride, and I asked him shy he was scared, and he said he didn't want to fall out. I explained, in detail, the safety harness, and that there was no way for him to fall out... the only thing he can do on that ride is have fun. That seemed to help quite a bit, and I think he was actually looking forward to it.

Anna took him on first. She said he was nervous, but he didn't drag him feet or chicken out. Though he did keep his eyes closed most of the time, and his head down too.

In the mean time, I took the rest of the kids on the King Triton Carousel. While we waited for the ride to start, Liam was asked if he wanted a crown to wear. He accepted, and was announced as one of the royalty joining us on our ride. Very Fun. I adjusted it to fit his head better, and he wore it all day!

After Duncan and Anna's ride, and then ours was done- Anna and I switched. I went with Duncan on Ca. Screamin' and Anna took the kids on the carousel. Duncan had a great time on that ride.

Since we had more time, we stopped by the Brother Bear outdoor area place and let the kids slide and climb for a while.

Liam and Duncan were tall enough to do the zip line swing, and had a great time dong that.

We made our way to Disneyland, took fewer pictures (I don't know why that always seems to be the case). Here's Tegan playing on the slide in Goofy's house play area. Duncan and I had a fun game of hide-and-seek going. Anna tried taking a picture of that, but it didn't turn out.
Duncan really wanted to go into the Innoventions building in Tomorrow Land, so we did. One of the cool things we did was play chess on this table top touch screen computer. There are tons of video games on the second floor, so the boys could easily spend hours in there if we let them.


One of the last things we did was go on Pirates. Liam was holding on to his hat and glasses for the "waterfalls".


It was pretty crowded, but not unmanageable. We knew we'd probably be coming back Wednesday so we could spend the bulk of the day there too, so we didn't stress about not doing rides or what ever.
It's nice to have Disneyland as a family activity option again.














3 comments:

Kristi said...

I really like Liams glasses. And Tegan looks like a little girl in that picture! I better come over before she forgets who I am! I wouldn't want to make her cry again. . .

Anna said...

I got Duncan to go on CA screamin' because he drew an AWESOME picture of his own design of a roller coaster in his class. It was very detailed, and had loops and all. I told him that it looked like a lot of fun and that it reminded me of California Screamin' at CA adventure. I asked if he would go on that with me the next time we went and he agreed (reluctantly). :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. Dad had a pass now too so maybe we can meet you guys there sometime.