Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday Music 08.24.09

Heard this song many times, and liked it every time, but never really learned who did it. I was just happy to be hearing it.

Last week, during one of our trips to Disneyland, I was also picking up some tshirts and this song was on. I pulled up to the warehouse and had to get out of the van, but the song wasn't over yet. I asked Anna to listen for the name of the artist and song when it ended. When I got back in the van, Anna said they didn't say who it was or anything. Bummer.

I couldn't get it out of my head, so I set out to find that info myself. It took me about 30 minutes or so, but I finally got it off of KROQs website... what a relief to finally know who sings this song.

The song is "Help I'm Alive", by the group Metric.

Here's a mini documentary about the song and subsequent album (less than 5 minutes long)



Here's the song (fan slideshow)



Here's the official un-official video by a visual artist, with a slight remix on the song (visually interesting, but I don't' care for the remix too much)...



Did I mention I really like this song?

Music makes Mondays better.

No comments: