Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday Flashback 08.07.09

It kind of seems like it's been a while since I've done one of these. Probably because it has been a while.

Today's picture was pulled from the big ol' pile (bag) of old photos...



That's about a year old Jennan on Anna's lap. So I'm guessing this picture is from 2006? We're in the side area of the compound.


There's breakfast items on the table which seems odd. I seem to recall we did some kind of birthday thing that was in the morning for one of the kids.


Another thing I notice, is most everyone in this picture has sweatshirts or jackets on... Ahhh it must have been a little chilly that morning. Remember those days? They feel like they're never going to happen again when you're in the scorching heat of summer. AC is nice (OK, very nice), but it's just not the same as a nice cool morning. I think that's one of the big reasons why autumn is my favorite time of year- it's the first cooled part of the year after a blistering summer.


Anyway, if you remember more about this day than I put here, please share it in the comments section.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

this picture is from Duncan's bday breakfast. i even found the email invite you sent. it reads:

It's called "Breakfast with Duncan", and it happens a week from tomorrow (Dec.23rd). It's to celebrate Duncan's 5th birthday. It is to be held at the compound at 9:30ish am. We will have waffles, eggs, bacon, juice, milk, cake, and ice cream(?). You are all invited to come, bed-head and all. If you would like to help provide things for the breakfast, let me know.
See you then,
Duncan's Dad

Anna said...

Senior move, Junior! I was just about to post a comment saying that it was for D-man's B-day, but then you bust out with the original email! Nice!

I think that was the year I made him the scateboard birthday cake, but I could be wrong on that one.

Sara Kelley said...

hummmm...i don't remember getting that email...

Ken said...

Sara: I think there was a McAliter thing later that day so you would have been at that and not the breakfast.

Kimberly said...

i think anna's right about the skateboard cake. especailly because it was a breakfast cake and the wheels on the skate boards were donuts.