Thursday, August 6, 2009

Recycled

I finally got around to taking all of our plastic bottles and soda cans to get recycled. Took home a cool $20.75 for my efforts. That should cover tomorrow's lunch date with Anna. Mom is coming over to watch the kids. Should be fun.



We also recycled our old Chevy Astro van. Anna sold it today. It's still sitting in front of our house at the moment, but it's no longer ours. That money will definitely help us make it through the summer.

It's been a good day.


Hope yours has been good too.


btw- I disabled the auto-play on my blog juke box. So if you want to hear any of the music you used to hear here, you'll have to go to the bottom and push play.

4 comments:

Sara Kelley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara Kelley said...

who'd you sell it to?

Anna said...

I'll respond for Ken...we sold it to just some guy. I had it in the recylcer and on craig's list. They wanted me to "hold" it for them while they went to get the money, but I told them that I will sell it to whoever gives me the money first. I ended up giving them until 4:00 (2 hours) to get the money and come back. While they were out, another guy called, and wanted to come by. I told him to come at 4:00, that I was waiting until then for someone else to buy it. I was secretly hoping to start an auction, just like mom back in the day! Ends up, the first people came back and bought it, and I figured out that the other guy who called was really just their son. Lame of them, but I still took their money. :)

Unknown said...

The important part is that you sold it! Congratulations!
And good job with the recycling, glad to hear you got your money back.