Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday Music 08.10.09

Ever since last week's monday music, I've been thinking of this song: A Perfect Circle, "Sleeping Beauty".

What really sets this song apart for me is the dual parts layering over each other. Sometimes it's the vocals with the guitar, sometimes it's vocals with vocals, and then they come together at other parts. It's not that long of a song, but there's so much going on, that I find it very satisfying to listen to... until it's over.

Here's the song:


I used to crank the volume up on the album this song is on when I worked at Fish Mama with Kristi oh so many years ago now. When I hear any of those songs, I'm transported to those days. Good memories.


Bonus music:

Had the ol' iPod going while cleaning the kitchen the other day, this song came on, and I turned it WAY up to enjoy it. Anna said, "Who sings this again?" I couldn't believe she forgot! How dare she! (I forgave her though.)

Lush, "Lovelife" (could only find concert footage)


Loooooove Lush.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Better had forgive me! :)
And let ther record show that you never even told me the answer! Jerk! :) I'm glad you told me now.

Kristi said...

Perfect Circle = Fish MaMa cleanin' time to me too!! Them and StaticX.