Tuesday, October 13, 2009

what a day

Duncan was kept home from school with a slight fever he started on Friday, but he seemed to be doing pretty well. Anna had a meeting that took her out of the regular classroom for the day, and she was done and home before noon. We knew that Mindy and Carter were in town to visit Disneyland, and contemplated whether or not we should go, mostly due to Duncan being a little sick still, and probably taking Liam out of school early to have a couple more hours at Disneyland than we usually get.

Anna talked to Duncan about how he felt, and if he thought he would be ok if we went to Disneyland. He thought he would be ok, so we decided to go. We began getting ready.

One of the things we needed to take was medicine, in case Duncan's fever kicked up again, and we were very low, so Anna ran to Walmart to get more. While there, she decided to look down the costume isle just in case there was a medium size Mario costume. In case you didn't know, Duncan really wants to be Mario for Halloween (Liam will be Luigi), and we haven't been able to find one for weeks. Anna even almost was willing to pay $30+ for one online. Low and behold! There was a medium Mario costume right on the end! That's a relief. So, no matter what else happened this day... it would be ok because we had a Mario costume for Duncan.

We were packed up and on our way. We got Liam from school with out any problems. We picked up a tshirt order in Fullerton. And made our way to Disneyland.


Here's a picture of the kids hiding from me as I emerged from the restroom. They play this hiding game every time as we each take a turn using the restrooms at the tram depot.



We went into California Adventure first. We enjoyed the rides there. Here's a picture of Liam and Jennan while we were on the ferris wheel. This time we chose to go in a sliding gondola rather than a stationary one. The kids thought it was fun, but my equilibrium could barely handle it. I was uncomfortable during a lot of this ride. I wish I didn't have that problem, and I'm sure it'll get worse the older I get. Not looking forward to that.


Of course, after the ferris wheel, Duncan and I went on California Screamin'. We had picked up a handful of fast passes for it so Anna and I could both go on it with Duncan, he really likes that ride now. I ended up being first to take Duncan. I was not even close to being recovered from the swinging gondola, but it was my duty to go with Duncan so I sucked it up. That ride is not as fun when you're feeling dizzy. I was glad when it was over. Duncan had a blast.

While we were doing that, Anna took the other kids on the carousel right next door. Normally, I would take them for another turn on the carousel, but today... Nooooo way. We went and sat down to watch the take-off for the Ca. Screamin' ride, and ate our dinner till Mom and Duncan came back.

After these, we made our way over toward the entrance where we could meet up with my parents, and Mindy and Carter and some of Mindy's family. Carter is one cute kid. He looked at me a few times with this kind of "you sort of look like my dad, but you're not" look on his face. It was nice to see them. It had been a while. Shortly after meeting up, all but our family headed off to dinner in Disneyland, and we headed off to Disneyland too.


The main lost and found is right next to the entrances of Ca. Adv., and we were right there, so Anna checked the lost and found to see if our diaper bag got turned in. There were other people looking for items they lost as well. Once it was Anna's turn, she gave the description, and TA-DA, the clerk brought it out! The diapers, wipes, and medical cards, and fruit snacks were all gone, but there were hair clips, a pen, toy cars, chapstick, all still in it. First the Mario costume, and now the diaper bag. What a day.


Once inside Disneyland, we went on the Haunted Mansion, Winnie the Pooh, saw our family at Cafe Orleans, Pirates, saw Fantasmic and the fireworks. At one point, we had parked the stroller and walked to some of those rides and then came back to the stroller. When we came back, there were two girls, probably 9-11 years old, sitting in our stroller as their dad talks on his cell phone right next to them. The girls saw us coming, and as they see me seeing them, they hop right out. I shook my head at them. I think they felt uncomfortable about getting caught, but their dad was oblivious to the whole thing. Who ever they were meeting showed up soon after that, and they left. Luckily, there was nothing wrong with the stroller.


It was crowded yesterday, but not crazy crowded. It was a nice trip.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

It was great to see you guys...and Anna's weight loss is obvious...good job Anna!

Anna said...

The picture of Liam and Jennan in the ferris wheel in no way shows the terror on Jennan's face during that ride. He was hugging Liam in order to hold on!!!

I still can't believe that my hunt for the mario costume is over...what a relief!

Kimberly said...

so bummed i didn't make it. ugh!
i can't wait to see mario & luigi for halloween!
awesome you got your diaper bag back. crappy that the medical cards weren't in it. we lost an umbrella there on tuesday. i doubt anyone turned it in cause it was raining.

Kristi said...

Disneyland in the fall, so nice. I really like the hiding picture! They all squeezed in that little space quite well. Didn't know you were getting that messed up Ken! Glad I'm not the only one! CA Screamin' isn't one of my best, it sometimes makes me wanna throw up.