Monday, October 19, 2009

monday music 10.19.09

I don't know if these would be considered "guilty pleasure" type songs, but they are a little different than the songs I would normally choose to put here and exclaim that I like... but I like them. I just do.

First is Regina Spektor with "Calculation"


I think it's the ska type piano under beat that catches my ear first, but then I find that I really like the progression of the vocals too.


Here's Kevin Rudolf with "Let it Rock"
It must be the pulsating beat and the harmonies that perk my eardrums the most. The slight changes in vocals during the chorus and bridges help to keep it from becoming monotonous. I really wish the Lil' Wayne part wasn't there, it's beyond horrible and unfitting in the song.


Anyway, those are the songs for this week's music. There were a couple other songs that I might consider runner-ups for this week: INXS, This Time (INXS is a great 80s band), and Green Day, Jesus of Suburbia (It's like 3 songs in one. It's over 9 minutes long.)

Happy music monday.

No comments: