Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sunflowers are growing

It's been a week since I last told you about the sunflower seeds I planted, and their growth at that time. So here's an update...

Here's that second little sprout from last week. It seems like it's about doubled in size and it may have split, which probably isn't too good for a flower that gets as huge as these hopefully will. We'll have to wait and see what happens.


This is the one that is growing great, and it's still going strong. I think it's doubled in size too. The lowest leaves seem to still be dinner for the bugs, but the bugs are leaving the rest of it alone, so that's good.

Last week I had a picture of a leafless stem, as the 3rd potential successful flower, but there's been no change in that one at all.

We still haven't gotten our garden together yet. We've been just too crazy busy. Anna will be done with school this week, so there's a good chance we can get some seeds planted early next week.

Also, Liam planted some seeds at school in a couple of cups a bunch of weeks ago. One was a sunflower seed, and the other was a pumpkin seed. Of the two, one is growing very well, and the other hasn't grown at all. I believe the one that's growing is the pumpkin seed. I may have to put it in the ground soon as I think it's beginning to be too big for it's little cup. That would be so cool if we can keep it going and grow some pumpkins. Even if they were only softball sized, I'd be happy with that.

That's it for the update, maybe I'll do this every week. I haven't decided yet.

btw- I'm LOVING this June gloom weather!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I also am loving this June gloom!