Friday, June 5, 2009

Big Girl Bed

Last night, Tegan slept in her big-girl bed! I finally got around to taking down the crib. A night or two ago, Tegan had even climbed into Jennan's bed and was very upset that she couldn't stay there. That was when I knew I needed to make putting the crib away and putting the new bed together a priority.

We've had a second toddler bed for a few weeks, sitting in pieces in the garage. It's a loaner from Josh and Sara. Hopefully by the time they need it back, the girls will be ready for regular sized bunk beds. Which means we'll have to acquire some new bunk beds when that comes.

Anyway, last night was Tegan's first night in a toddler bed. She was so excited to sleep in it. She put up no fight, didn't get up and cry at the door, or any of that stuff that will probably happen at some point anyway. But as far as first nights go, it was great.

Here's Tegan in her new bed. Right after I had the girls room arranged, and the beds made, I called Tegan in to see it. She climbed right in, and played in it for a while. The bed that Tegan is in is not the bed we're borrowing.


After putting up the bed we're borrowing (the bed Tegan is not in), I could see that it's a bit taller than the bed we have. I figured Tegan would have an easier time getting in and out of the lower bed, so I switched it with Jennan's bed. I say switched it because where the bed is located helps them know which bed is theirs. Routine helps with the adjustment.

So yeah, we're now officially crib-less, as far as sleeping kids go. We still need to figure out what we're going to do with the crib as far as whether or not we're selling it, donating it, giving it away, or whatever. Looking into the future, about a year from now, we hope to be diaper-less too! That will be a momentous occasion for sure.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Thats really cool. I am excited to see if she still likes me and will still talk my ear off.

Unknown said...

Wait....where is Tegan...that can't be her in that picture!! That is a little girl...not a baby girl!!

Kimberly said...

wow, does that mean we should be putting isaac in to a toddler be soon?

let me know your plans for the crib when you've decided what you're going to do with it.