Friday, June 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Kristi

Today is Kristi's birthday, so I thought I'd take a moment to put some pictures of my first little sis.

Here is Kristi and Jason in Feb. of 2008, at Grandpa and Maggie's wedding. Very nice picture of some good looking people.

Now for some of the more embarrassing pictures I happen to have...








A young, door way climbing, underwear wearing Kristi. I'm hoping this was during a bedtime routine in which Kristi escaped and climbed the doorway, and not that mom and dad let us just chill in the house with nothing on. But I'm pretty sure it's the second reason. This picture very much looks like Jennan to me.

Here is a picture I took with a very old camera when we were very young. Obviously Kristi is in this one with our long time dog, Fancy. Fancy was a Saluki. She was a cool dog. I took a roll of pictures the day of this photo, and I think they are quite artistic for an eight year old (I think that's how old I was at the time.).


Fast forward a bunch of years. Here's Kristi getting her hair done by my good friend Kara. Kara was taking cosmetology classes through ROP in High School, and hooked Kristi up.



Aahh, yes... good ol' band. I don't remember if this is Kristi's freshman or sophomore year, but there she is, ready to play her clarinet, or at least waiting to play it. This was at some sort of city dedication thing... hey, who's that cool looking guy standing in the back there?



Halloween. Not sure how old Kristi is here, but I'm guessing she's in seventh or eighth grade. Before she went all dark/goth/punk/whatever, she tried her hand at "pretty" pirate.




Well, she's in the dark ages now, and it looks as though she's just put the boots to Kevin's throat. Nicely done. I believe that's my NIN shirt she's wearing. I must have been on my mission at this point.






Coming a little bit out of the dark ages, and beginning to accept color into the wardrobe, but keeping it alternative Kristi. I think it's me she's talking to on the phone. I'm on my mission, so it's either Christmas or Mother's Day, many, many years ago.



Then fast forward again to present day. Kristi with her mini-me, Jennan. Kristi is a very positive aunt to our kids. She's always saying encouraging things to them and always very supportive. The kids love the attention, and always look forward to a visit with auntie Kristi and uncle Jason.


Luckily, Kristi and I have gotten along for most of our lives. We've had many of the same interests in music, fashion, and many things alternative to the mainstream. This continues to this day, and I'm thankful for that.
Through Kristi I found some of my greatest friends, outside of my family; worked for some cool people in the restaurant business that gave me a lot of experience; and many more things.


Happy birthday Kristi! Thanks for being a great sister and a greater friend.









6 comments:

Kids said...

I love you!!!!!!!!!!! Love, Duncan

n nn nnkkkkjkl kjm, mkbhvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvbnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Love, Tegan

What's your favorite color? Love Jennan (That is what she wanted to put...) :)

Dear Auntie Kristi, I love you! Love, Liam

Kimberly said...

lovely post.
i [heart] picture #1.
pic #2: i don't think i've EVER seen the closet doors in the girls room.
pic #3: i don't think i've ever seen that tree in the side yard with out 4 feet of junk surrounding it.
pic #6: are you implying that she wasn't a pretty pirate?
pic #9: kristi & jennan have the same smile.

Unknown said...

Dad says, nice job with the pictures.
I think it is a fun tribute to a great person. I also love that first picture.
The door climbing was done so we could take a picture of it...she just did it for fun and we needed to get a picture. None of her brothers could or would do it.
The band picture was taken when Kristi was a freshman.
The phone picture was taken at Christmas...notice the Mickey bells on the table behind her.
Well done, Ken.

Ken said...

Kim- Guess I shouldn't have put the quotation marks around the word pretty.

Kristi said...

Ah hahahahaha
Ken yer so cool!
Duncan and Liam, I super love you too.
Lady Jennan my favorite is black unless you dont consider that a color, then it is blue.
Ms Tegan, I totally agree!
ps I need copies of 1 & 2.

Kimberly said...

just because the mickey bells are on the table doesn't mean it was christmas. ;)