Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday Flashback 06.19.09

Today's random flashback photo is almost 20 years old!...



We are at The Old Spaghetti Factory in Hawaii with our grandparents- Letterman. The year is 1990, and I have just graduated from High School. (And btw- I think that was my skinniest year.) It was the first time we all went to Hawaii together as a family. It's from this trip that the tradition of going to Hawaii after you graduated began.


I remember Grandma Letterman voicing her dislike of our music. Kristi and I must have listened to Love and Rockets' "Earth, Sun, Moon" a million times! That's an exaggeration obviously, but you get the point. I'm sure we listened to other stuff to, but that one sticks out in my mind from that trip.


I remember having a good time on this trip. I think by the time we left, I was wearing "jam pants" (I think that's what they were called? They looked something like these.), super bright Hawaiian print elasticated at the waist and ankles, baggy style lounging pants; and tank tops. Oh, the influence of the islands.


Anyhow, if there were things about this trip I didn't like, I don't remember them. Good memories. Fun times.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great picture...of course, any picture from Hawaii is a great one for me. That was a good trip and it did begin the tradition of going to Hawaii after graduation.

Kristi said...

Mmmm, cherry italian soda. . . . .
Grandma seems very displeased. Pretty normal for that time!
Earth Sun Moon = excellence