Monday, June 8, 2009

Monday Music 06.08.09

Two years ago today, Tegan was born. That got me to thinking I should post some music that was popular back then. I searched for the top music of 2007, but pretty much could only find "Top 40" and "POP" type music... no thanks.

Finally I found a list of the top Indie and Alternative music of 2007... that's more like it. On the list were bands like Arctic Monkeys (1 hit wonders), The Shins (who are awesome), and Arcade Fire.

It would have been really easy to choose something from The Shins because we like that band a lot, but I'm going with something from Arcade Fire. I didn't think it was that long ago that I was introduced to Arcade Fire via SNL, but it was two years ago apparently. They remind me very much of the early alternative music I loved so much when I was younger

I'm also choosing to use a live clip of them playing instead of a video because I think they have such a strong energy. I bet it's even stronger in person.

Arcade Fire, "Keep The Car Running"


Good stuff.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

wow, I've heard their name but never their music. Pretty good. I want to hear more cause I feel like I wanna see if they mix the sound differently so the many different instruments all get their glory moments.

Sara Kelley said...

happy birthday tegan! i can't wait to give her her birthday gift! i'm sure josh can't wait either so it will finally be out of our garage.

Mr. Mustachio said...

Making outlandishly erroneous commentary may cause you to lose your music credibility:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arctic_Monkeys

Ken said...

Everyone knows you can't trust Wikipedia.

colleeeen said...

i heart Arcade Fire and hope I'll be able to see them live someday.