Monday, September 28, 2009

monday music 09.28.09

I've had some music on my mind this week, so I'm doing a "monday music" today.

First off, Anna met a student who says they like ska. They were quite surprised that Anna even knew what ska was, let alone have a husband who used to play in a ska band. Teachers can be pretty cool sometimes when given the chance. Anyhow, the student seems to prefer the "up-beat" or "ska-core" type of ska better than traditional. They'll learn.





Second is a song I heard last week on KROQ I hadn't heard before...

White Rabbit, "Percussion Gun"

I think the drum part sounds a lot like Adam and the Ants. That's probably why I like it.


Old stuff... new stuff... it's a constant cycle...

1 comment:

Anna said...

Good thing I have a cool husband, so that my students think I'm at least ok on the coolness meter.