Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bunch O' Stuff

Here's a few pictures of stuff we've been up to...

Anna was part of a team that presented their research from the summer at a SCEC (Southern California Earthquake Center) conference on Sunday. Luckily for us, it was Stake Conference last Sunday, so neither of us had any church responsibilities to take care of. Here's Anna pointing out some info during the poster session.


At karate on Saturday, the boys did a little sparring, and had an awards ceremony in their classes. The week before, they did testing to see if they were ready to advance in rank. We didn't think Liam was going to advance because he was in a bad mood during testing, but the sensai must think he's ready for 3rd degree yellow belt. Liam was happy about it.

Duncan has been doing quite well with his karate. He's moved up to purple belt.


Yesterday, Jennan and Tegan figured out that they could put their toy monkey's arms around their waists and were playing "piggy-back ride" with them. Anna took a picture of Jennan with hers, and it turned out really well.


So yeah, it was an eventful weekend. Not pictured is my first time on a training staff for Scout Leadership training. I was more nervous than I thought I would be, but I did my best. Now I want to do it again since I've gotten the nerves out, and I think I would do much better. It was also a "ticket" item to earn my Wood Badge beads. "Tickets" are goals or activities you choose that help you as a leader. Training is the first one of five I have on my list. Next on the list is attending Cub Leader training. I chose that to help me learn the program the new boy scouts are coming from so I can better ease them into the Boy Scout program, and also so know the Cub program to help Duncan when he joins the Cub pack later this year. Those Cub trainings (I'm attending two of them) are in the next few weeks.


Duncan was sick for most of last week. He missed school Wed., Thur., and Fri. All the kids seemed fine Saturday. Sunday morning Tegan came in our room and threw up. She's still sick. And Liam started acting sick on Sunday night, but seemed fine Monday morning so I sent him to school. In the middle of the day, I got called to come get Liam from school. He had a fever and kept complaining he was cold. He's still home. Hopefully Tegan till be better today (3 day cycle), but that could mean Liam is sick till Thursday. Luckily, Tegan's the only one that's barfed *knocks on wood* so far, but who knows. I really hope Jennan doesn't get it, but I doubt it.


Well, it's definitely not been boring around here.


4 comments:

Anna said...

I think it's funny that the cookies I brought back for you from that conference are behind my back!

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear about all your doings...sounds like real life! You guys are doing great at it.

Kristi said...

I think you mean "piggy-pig" ride.

colleeeen said...

Anna is looking even prettier lately.