Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday Flashback 09.11.09

I looked through my old pile of pictures and came across this one. It has a lot of family in it, so I thought it would be a good choice...



Let's play "I Spy"...
Kristi
Ken
Becky
Joseph
Anna
Grandma Letterman
Dawn
Kim
Kathy
Jeff
Keith
Stephanie
Colleen
Katie
Grandpa Letterman
Hoku
Kea


We are all at Kellyann's HS graduation. That makes it June of 2001. Anna's pregnant with Duncan. It's a few weeks/days (?) before our family trip to Hawaii. I'm looking very "Mighty Mighty Bosstones"-ish. The Glancy girls all look so young. Actually, I guess we all look younger... but it's an eight year old picture, so ... Duuuuh.


This was taken the same year as the attack on the Two Towers, and this is the day it happened eight years ago. We lived in Altadena at the time, and it was in the morning on the west coast. I remember seeing it on the news and figuring out it was in NY. I remember thinking that Kristi sometimes worked in the Towers, and became VERY concerned with finding out if she was OK. Eventually we found out she was, and that was a relief. But it was still quite heart breaking knowing that so many people were losing loved ones that day.


To all of our friends and family, we love you, and we hope to share many days with you in the years to come.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

As 9/11/09 was looming last night, we were relieved when Jasons nephew was born at 11:47pm on 9/10/09. No body liked the idea of 9/11 as a birthday. That family trip was one of the greatest ever.

Unknown said...

Great picture and great comments. I was very disappointed at school today the events of Sep 11, 2001 were NOT even mentioned.!

Kimberly said...

speaking of family vacations... when's the next one?