Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday Flashback 09.18.09

It's Friday Flashback time once again. I dug into the pile o' pictures and pulled out a few good ones. I couldn't decide between two of them, so as bonus, there are two flashback pictures this week! Exciting stuff, right?

Anyway...

We are looking at a painting in what was the second location of Fish Mama. Fish Mama was a small restaurant in South Pasadena, and this was right in Pasadena. The owner, Greg, made the painting(s). He was/is a very charismatic guy with tons of crazy stories from his life. Anyways, Kristi was managing/working here and invited us to come check it out. Not far after this, I ended up working there. Fun job, fun people. Also in this picture with Anna and I is Kyle and half of the girl he was dating at the time.



This picture was taken while waiting for Kim's graduation from EMHS to begin. You can see my grandmas, Letterman and Foutz, in the lower left. Also, behind Anna there, are two of my cousins, Katie and Colleen, who are closer to Kim's age. It's June, 2000.


Some good old pictures there. Lots of good Fish Mama memories come to mind from the first picture (As well as some hot buns). Good memories of my grandmas from seeing them in the second picture, and a really cute girl wearing a vintage shirt (hubba-hubba), make that a great picture.
Happy Friday!

6 comments:

Anna said...

Ahhhh....that's why I call you "cute Ken!"

Kristi said...

I shoulda written those sauce recipes down!!
Good times.

Unknown said...

I'll take an order of garlic mashed potatoes...please!

Ken said...

@Kristi: We should have written it ALL down. I thought I'd never forget since I made them everyday, but I can barely remember any of it. Darn.

@mom: That's one of the recipes I could probably still make. I should do that one of these times.

Kimberly said...

skinny kyle!

kelly and i worked at the other fish mama for a summer.

no offense to anna, colleen and katie- but the best part about that picture is the 2 grandmas!

i could have done without the "hubba-hubba" comment.

Kristi said...

It appears the 2 grandmas are checking out those hot buns!