Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday Flashback 09.04.09

Tomorrow, the Los Angeles County Fair begins. Each year I was in the EMHS band, we went to the fair to compete with other marching bands, and then spend the rest of the day at the fair. It was some of the best times we had as a band.

For that reason, I've selected to put up this picture of Kevin, Keith, and I playing tubas. Most likely, this was at a Homecoming game. I'm not sure, but this might have been the only time the three of us ever played tubas together. Playing tuba was pretty fun. I think I liked playing the up-right tuba for concert band a little better as far as the type of music I got to play, but we had tons of fun being an active marching band.


Every once in a while, I'll search craigslist for a tuba for sale. I don't see them very often, but when I do, they're usually out of my price range. Some day...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this picture. You guys sounded good playing, too. Dad says he just remembers all the fat, bloody lips that were blown out that night. (c:

Kimberly said...

nice picture.