Thursday, October 9, 2008

Stuff and other stuff...

Well, it's been a couple days since I've put anything here. Here's what's been going on over those days.

Monday we went to Disneyland again. Only because I needed to go pick up some shirts from the wholesaler which is only a couple miles from Disneyland. So if I need shirts, we pretty much go to D-land to make it worth the gas/trip. This particular Monday, Disneyland was BUSY! Way crowded. Probably as crowded as a Friday. It reminded us why we like to go Wed. and Thurs. But we did get to meet up with Josh and Sara and family, so that was fun. Especially for the kids. We'll have to try and get together there more often.

Also Monday, I began getting a cold. Duncan and Liam were both sick last week. Tegan was sick last weekend. Looked like it was my turn.

And I cleaned a bunch of my screens for a that tshirt order.

That was monday (in backwards order).

Tuesday:
I cleaned more screens. Anna's geology club at school has a fundraiser this Saturday, and having their club shirts for it would be really helpful, so they put a rush on their design. I figured I had enough screens. I would coat them and "burn" them later after mutual.

I spent a bunch of time tuesday with tissue in my nose.

I also planned and put together the troop meeting for the scouts at mutual. That always takes more time than I expect. I need to get the scouts doing that, so I don't have to.

Scouts went fine. Just as we finished up, the Bishop came in and told me one of my newly assigned home teaching people was in the hospital, and needed a blessing. He wanted me to do it sometime during the week. I knew that would be difficult, so I asked if he could go with me right then. He said yes. I raced home, changed clothes and headed back to church. We had some rough directions to the hospital, so we missed our turn. I called Anna for better directions (I knew she was on the computer). We found the hospital, gave the blessing, and got home. By this time it was kind of late to be doing anything with my screens. That put me behind a day with my schedule, but I figured it would be fine.

Wednesday:
The sinus headache that started the day before was still there. That makes it hard to focus on things that need to be done. I decided I wasn't going to let it keep me from the chores that I neglected the day before. I finished the laundry, did all the dishes, and began picking up the front room, but the headache didn't give up either, and I had to sit down and take it easy for a while. Soon Liam came home. Fed the kids lunch. And still felt like crap.
Anna and Duncan were home a few hours later. Anna went straight to finishing up the design her geology club came up with. I felt rested enough to help Liam finish his homework, and Anna and I made dinner. Once dinner was done, it was haircut and bathtime. While Anna bathed the girls, I coated all the screens, and they began drying. I cut Duncan's hair short, and only trimmed Liam's, then gave them a bath.
Once baths were done, and the kids were in bed. I began the "burning", or exposing. The screens are coated with light sensitive emulsion, to they need to be handled in low UV/light. So "burning" them is exposing them to light with the design blocking the light. Then they're sprayed with water till the part that was blocked from the light washes out. The first screen worked no problem. Then the second screen had issues, so I had to do that one over. The second attempt worked. Went on to the third design, and it took until the fourth screen till it turned out. The first design was for the job I have (1 of 5 needed), and the 2nd and 3rd were for the geology club. Since I had so many screens not work out, I wouldn't be able to burn all the screens for the job that night. That put me another day behind on printing the job, but the geology club will have theirs.
I unwound by watching The Ultimate Fighter. It was midnight, and time for bed.

Today so far, the sinus headache is a little less. I had to take care of some scouting stuff. And there's plenty of things to come: I still need to clean last night's messed up screens to coat and burn tonight. I still need to print the geology club shirts (waiting to know what sizes to print). Still have rooms to pick up, the sink is already full of dishes that need washed, etc. Later tonight I have a roundtable (scout leader) meeting. I'm avoiding some of that for the moment though by blogging here, but now I'm done, so off to work I go...

2 comments:

colleeeen said...

ummm, so you screenprint? that's the conclusion i'm jumping to.

Ken said...

Yep, I sure do. I thought everyone knew that. Oops...

Hey Colleen, guess what? I do screenprinting! Cool, huh?

*I'm so funny.*