Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday Music

This week I listened to a variety of music. Well, maybe not a "variety", it was all pretty much alternative music, but it was from various artists.

I listened to "Kid A" from Radiohead. There are a lot of songs I really like from that album. It came out quite closely to "OK Computer", and is very similar in sound and style.

(Don't forget to pause the page music at the bottom of the page)

Here's the first track on the CD. It's titled "Everything In it's Right Place"...(fan video)




The next one is titled "Kid A". I think I like it because there are so many different musical layers all happening at the same time to create it. (fan video, and only a portion of the track)



This is another one I really like, it's titled "The National Anthem" (live)

I like how the bass and drum remain constant through all the chaos.

Anyway, I better move on or I'll end up putting the whole album up here. Kid A is one of those CDs that moves so effortlessly between songs, that before you know it, it's over.

In a completely different direction musically, I also listened to 311 this week. I listened to "Sound System" and "Evolver".

From Sound System, I think my favorite song is "Flowing". Here's a live version...

To see the actual video, you'll have to click HERE.

I like this one too, it's called "Sever"


The main single off the album is called "Come Original"...

Again, to see the actual video, you'll have to click HERE.

As for Evolver, I found that there were aspects of each song that I kind of liked, but once I heard it, I was ready to move on. I think I listened to the first song all the way through, but I skipped through the rest. I consider myself a 311 fan, but that's not their best work. Not sure why I own that CD.

Other than that, I listened to a mix CD I made many years ago. I titled it "Oddities and Rarities". It was fun to listen to. I'm kind of out of time for this post, so I'll try to get to it in a future post this week. (or maybe later today, we'll see)

No comments: