Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Oh, October...

Wow, it's October?!


September went by so fast.


When it's October, it's time to dust off our copy of Nightmare Before Christmas. We pretty much run that movie from October through December. It also works well with Disneyland transforming the Haunted Mansion into a Nightmare Before Christmas ride.



October means that I'll stop ignoring the Halloween isle in the stores. I might actually have to take a look. Those isles are pure chaos most of the time though, and I don't particularly like that.


In October I start realizing that I haven't started any homemade gifts I may have planned on giving.


I'm very much looking forward to the weather cooling off during the day. The nights are already getting very comfortable. On our scout overnighter last weekend, I actually had to pull on my sweatshirt in the evening. It was quite cozy.


I think I would have to say that fall is my favorite season. I don't know if it's because the summer heat finally gives way to cooler weather, or if it's because of the holiday trifecta of Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas? Fall signals the beginning of the rugby preseason, and though I'm not currently playing, it brings to mind the great memories I have from it. It's probably a combination of all of those things, and others I will most likely remember later, that make this time of year such a joy.

Happy October!

1 comment:

Sara Kelley said...

jack watches jack all year. he loves it.