Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday Flashback


Here I am, Halloween, 1988 or 1989. I believe this was taken either my junior or senior year of High School. I would be 16 or 17. The reason I think that is because of the shirt I'm wearing.

I had a couple of really good friends in High School (band), and we all liked The X-men comic books, so we called our selves The X-men, mostly just to ourselves as well. We even assumed some of the characters names. I was Nightcrawler, my best buddy, Agustin, was Wolverine, and our friend Steve was Cyclops or Colossus (I can't remember). We were the three main guys in the low brass section.

Anyway, Agustin had these tshirts made that had our names, our X-men names, and the character on the back. They were very cool. I want to say that I didn't wear mine for very long. Either it had gotten a big stain on the front, or I didn't like how it fit, or something like that.

Enough about the shirt.

The make up job here is one I did for many years. Especially the black around the eyes, the black on the lips, and darkening the cheek bones. I think I repeated the bullet hole a couple times too. I would usually wear a black hooded cloak with it.

I want to say that I had this picture taken because I was particularly happy with how it turned out. (I still think it looks pretty good.)

That's what I remember about this picture.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the eyes are seriously the best part. . . nightcrawler

Anonymous said...

It's funny how that is how we did Halloween. Now when I talk about putting make-up on the boys it's not allowed at school, or church parties so I can't. But no one said anything about when we go out our self.

Great picture.

Anonymous said...

You are such a dork! I can't believe I married the "nightcrawler!" And you think that I was weird for wearing all of those cool clothes in high school...at least I didn't name myself the NIGHTCRAWLER... Love ya! :)

Ken said...

You're just jealous that you're not as cool as I am.


;P

Unknown said...

Are you going to be nightcrawler for Halloween this year???