Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday Flashback


Today's Friday Flashback is a picture of me and my sister Kristi. She might be able to pin down when this was taken, but I can only narrow it down to somewhere between 1995 and 2001. Probably closer to 95, but I'm not sure.

If I recall, Anna and I were still living in Altadena at the time, though this picture was taken in front of my mom and dad's house, facing the street. This is shortly after Kristi had shaved her head. It was in that middle stage, and I believe she colored it to distract from the awkward length.

I also want to say that this is from a time that we didn't see Kristi all that much, so it was a rare treat to get to take a picture with her. Especially with such "crazy" hair. These days, Kristi rocks a head full of black dread locks, which she's had for many many years. They're down to her waist.

I still maintain a short cropped cut. When I "tune-up", I cut it down to about a 1/4 inch tall. I also maintain extended sideburns. I haven't had the beard and goatee look (seen in the picture) for quite some time. Though I do compete in the annual Mr. Sasquatch competition. But that's different.

Anyhow, that's the flashback this week.

Fun stuff.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hhhmmmm, well, it must be Sunday because of the white shirt & tie....I do remember the pink hair...hhhmmmm....there must be other pictures from this occasion so we can figure out when this was. Good picture!

Anonymous said...

I've got it pegged to 1999. I colored it THAT pink cause I wasn't gonna keep bleaching to keep it that cotton candy color. You started seein' me more often at this point right? I always liked your goatee.

colleeeen said...

are you SURE that isn't me? ;)