Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday Music Spotlight...

Wow, that sounds kind of official.

Anyhow, I was up late the other day (actually most days) and I happened upon Vh1's show called Nocturnal State. It features "alternative" or "Indie" type videos, so I'm usually glad I come across it. I tend to like finding out about new or up-and-coming bands or groups and solo artists, and Nocturnal is pretty good about showcasing those kinds of acts.

Long story short, when I switched over to Nocturnal State, this video was already playing, and I liked the sound of the music right away, so I continued to watch and listen. As it ended, I thought that I really liked that song, and looked to see who it was from. It's from a band called "The Airborne Toxic Event", and the song is called "Sometime Around Midnight". (Here's their MySpace page.)

Here's the video I saw... (don't forget to stop the page music at the bottom of the page)




I really like the sound of the music and the vocals on top of it. I haven't decided if I like all the actual lyrics yet, but I like how their sung.

What do you think?

No comments: