Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Flashback

Here is today's flashback photo...







That's me with my good friend Eric Morrison. On the back of this photo, I have written "1994".

At the time of this picture, we were in a ska band called "Catch 22". I believe I was the last member to join. The trombone player before me moved over to bass, and they needed a new trombone player, so Eric asked me to join the band.

I believe we are in a pizza restaurant. I don't recall what city we're in. We played in the restaurant with a couple other bands that night. I remember it was a lot of fun.

Eventually Catch 22 disbanded, and a new band would form called "The Dynamics". I was invited to join that band as well. It was made up of about half former Catch 22 guys, and the rest were from a couple other broken up bands. The Dynamics were a little more successful than Catch 22.

I'm 22/23 in this photo. I think Eric is 16/17 .

In both bands, I think I had the least amount of talent. But I was enthusiastic, and I had reliable transportation, so that's what probably kept me in. I didn't think that at the time, but over the years that's what I've figured out. After The Dynamics broke up, there was another band formed called "Jubilation". I wasn't invited to join that band.

I have some really fond memories from this time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have fond memories of Catch 22 also, good band! Fun to hear and dance to.

Sara Kelley said...

err...i mean eric...i sure do remember eric!