Monday, March 15, 2010

monday music 03.15.10

Today's monday music was pretty easy to choose. A few days ago, Anna came home asking if I had seen any of the new OK GO music videos. Their song, "This too shall pass", has two official videos. I had seen one, but didn't know there was another. Anna hadn't seen either of them, and wanted to see both of them, so we looked them up in youtube.

I like both of them. Anna likes them both, but one a little better than the other. So here they are...

The first video.

The second video.

Which one did you like better, or do you like them both?


On a side note:
I used to embed the videos into my blog, but for the past few months, embedded youtube clips seem to be blocked on my computer. I don't have any trouble viewing videos from youtube's website directly, but once I embed in in my blog, all I see is an empty square where the clip should be. This is also the case for a number of other blogs I frequent. I don't see the embedded clips on their blog either. I've been trying to find what setting I need to change, but haven't had any luck thus far. Any tips or ideas on how I could fix this problem? Thanks.

4 comments:

colleeeen said...

The marching band version gave me goosebumps and made me want to buy their album, but the Rube Goldberg machine is a cooler video.

colleeeen said...

Oh, and youtube struck a $ deal with the major labels - their videos can't be embedded anymore.

Mr. Mustachio said...

Youtube videos can still be embedded. What browser are you using? I would start by clearing your cookies and your cache. I would uninstall your flash player and reinstall the most recent version. If that doesn't work, you may have to look further into the permitted files and scripts allowed in your browser's settings.

Ken said...

I can embed them, but once they're embedded, and I view the blog, they are empty. Same for if I'm viewing someone elses blog that has embedded a youtube clip. I've dumped the cookies and cache and that wasn't it. I think it's a browser setting. But I'm not sure how to check that.