Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Monday's Music (04.27.09) on Tuesday

I forgot to do Monday's music yesterday, so I'm doing it today.

Late Saturday night, I went to help clean up after the local area's "Mormon Prom" that was held in our building. As I walked into the cultural hall and saw all the stuff that needed taken down and swept, etc., I noticed the DJ was still there and playing music as the cleaning began. I realized pretty quickly that I new the DJ! It was an old friend named Mike Smith. Mike and I had a lot of friends in common when we were both freshly off our missions, and became friends as a part of that. He and I and a handful of our friends even drove out to Utah together once, and stayed at his grandparents house. Anyway, I took the chance to get caught up with him a little, and helped him pack his gear into his van. When I think of Mike Smith, who is a HUGE music fan, I think of the 80s band The Primitives. I think we must have listened to a lot of The Primitives on that drive to Utah that one time, so for me they are forever linked.

Here are a couple of the more well known songs they sing...

"Crash" (I chose this one because it has better audio than the "video")



"Sick of it" (I chose this one for the better audio too. The actual video is here if you want to check it out)



Good songs.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Every once in a while The Knife is the song that starts playing and I cant move or go anywhere till its over.