Monday, April 20, 2009

Fell Down

Last night after baths, the kids were watching some TV before bed time. I was finishing the day's dishes when I heard a thump, and immediate crying.

I rushed in to find Tegan standing and crying. Her forehead and upper lip were red. I could tell a layer of skin had been scraped off her lip. Once she calmed down, I got some ice for her head. She didn't care for the cold, and her head didn't seem to be forming a bump so I cleaned her up and started the bedtime routine.

I thought that she must have slipped on the fireplace, or leaned back in the small chair that was in the living room and hit the fireplace, or something along those lines.


Here's what it looks like this morning. Looks like I cut off the raspberry on her forehead.

Then this morning during breakfast, Duncan asked why Tegan had a red lip and nose. I reminded him that Tegan fell down last night. He said, "Oh yeah, she was sitting on the couch part (indicating the arm of the couch), and she fell off..."

That makes a lot more sense looking at her scrapes. She was drinking from her sippy cup when she fell. The width of the scrape on her lip looks about the same width as the sippy cup spout. So as she started to fall, she pulled the cup out of her mouth just in time to land on in, and continued over onto her head.

I know she was drinking right before she fell because when I helped her up, she still had milk in her mouth.

So yeah, that's the cute little scraped face we get to see for the next week or so.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ahhh, the parent detective game...cute Tegan!