Thursday, January 8, 2009

Went To Disneyland

We went to Disneyland last night. Our passes are no longer blocked out from the holidays. But they're back to their off-season operating schedule, which means Ca. Adv. closes at 6pm, and D-land at 8pm. So even though it's usually only a couple hours that we get to be there, it's still fun.

Anna asked Duncan what rides we should go on, and he said he wanted to go to Toon Town. Liam thought that was a good idea too, so we took the long walk to the far end of the park to spend some time in Toon Town. We went on the roller coaster, played in Goofy's play area, and went on the Roger Rabbit ride. We were there till about 7:30pm and then decided to go on the Buzz Lightyear ride. After the walk there, the wait in line, and the ride, it was already pretty much 8pm, so we headed back to the car.

The kids had a great time because they were the ones deciding where we went, and that was fine by us.

Oh and by the way, it was also our first time going to Disneyland with our new smaller van, and everything fit just fine! The double stroller can fit standing up in the back (it does push a tiny bit against the back seat, but only barely), but I laid it down. We also had our fleece blankets, pajamas, and jackets back there too. And because we're a little more compact in there, Anna can pass items directly to the back with both hers and the boys' reach, which is really nice. We recently clocked the gas mileage at about 18 miles per gallon, and that was with mountain driving. But I guess with all the convenience that a mini van provides, it's not for everyone... right Sara? Thanks again.

But even with all of that... there's one more story...

We get to the Disneyland parking lot, we're unloading the kids, and loading the stroller. Anna helps the kids get their sweatshirts on, and suddenly looks at me worried... "Did you grab my sweatshirt?" she says, slight panic in her tone. I reminded her that she was wearing hers when she got home, so I couldn't have packed it. "I'm pretty sure I forgot it. I'll just wrap a blanket around me." I tell her she can wear mine. I'll be fine. She is glad I am letting her wear it, and says she's sorry. We spend our time at Disneyland. I am handling the cold just fine, but make no mistake, it's still cold. We're back at the van, we're getting the kids ready for the drive home, and I'm unloading the stroller. On the floor in front of the passenger side front seat is a black wad... looks suspiciously like a wadded up sweatshirt. I pick it up... and lo and behold, it's Anna's sweatshirt. I show it to Anna. She smiles an "uh-oh" look. "Where was it?" I explain that it was right at her feet the whole drive there, she would have been close enough to touch it when she was telling me she thought she forgot it, etc. All I could do was shake my head as she laughingly tells me she's sorry.



Oh yeah, well...



Hey look everybody, it's a picture of Anna...






Oh yes... I just did that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so fired! :)
First you tell on me about the sweatshirt (thanks again for yours!) and then you put up that picture of me! :) By the way...did you notice that I'm wearing your sweatshirt in that picture as well? I guess I have forgotten my sweatshirt quite often lately (or at least thought I forgot it)! I'll work on that...

Mr. Mustachio said...

Did you do anything to the van to help with the gas mileage? We never got close to 18 mpg. Remind me sometime, I have some chains that came with that in my garage. Can we still call it the Green Goblin, or did you rename it when you adopted it?