Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Flashback 1.16.09




Today's Flashback photo was randomly selected from a pile of old photos.



It looks like Kim has done something or said something that caused the reaction you see the rest of us giving. Anna appears to have been the most affected.


I'm guessing Keith was on his mission since he's not in the picture. I believe we were still living in Altadena when this was taken. Kim and Kelly might have still been in High School? I'm not sure. But look at how short Kristi's dreads are! And it's sure been a long time since Kevin had that long goatee (sp?). If anyone in the picture has a better time/date remembrance, leave it in the comments section.



Bonus Flashback photo...









Anna scanned this picture of me yesterday to show to a student and class period. She says she has a student that looks EXACTLY like I do from this picture... except the student is African American!



I'm going to venture a guess that there's one obvious thing that sets us apart... and one less obvious feature that we do have in common. *wink*



Ok, all kidding aside...


I remember having this picture taken of me. I'm pretty sure I asked my mom to take it. She was dropping me off somewhere, and I think I was particularly happy with my hair that day, so I wanted a picture. This is pre-mission. I got the Jane's shirt from a bootlegger in the parking lot after a Jane's Addiction concert. I believe Nine Inch Nails opened up for Jane's Addiction that night, and it was at the Universal Amphitheater (now called the Gibson Amphitheater). Oops, got a little off topic there.


So yeah, old pictures.

5 comments:

mistapuggs said...

I think it's so funny that you would post THAT pic. I dunnno if you remember but that is the exact picture that used to be framed on the wall of your place in Altadena. The very same pic that I looked at when I was less than a week out on my mission and said "that's a killer Janes Addiction shirt" and what followed was the ever famous remark of Elder Laws....."Elder Davis, Leave the heathenous world behind"

Awesome!

Ken said...

That frame is exactly where she pulled that picture from. It still lives there.

Kyle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kyle said...

First pic has got to be early 2000.
Off the mission (Nov '99) I weighed 185 and May of 2000 I weighed almost 240. I look like I'm somewhere between those two in this picture. So I'm guessing March '00.

Anonymous said...

i agree that the 1st photo was taken in 2000. but i think it was sometime in the summer. i don't think kristi got her dreds until june of 2000.