Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday Flashback 1.30.09

Today as I reached into my stack of old pictures, for today's Friday Flashback, two pictures came out. So instead of deciding to choose which one to use, I'm putting both of them up here...



This is one of many photos that have been taken on these steps. In this one, Kevin is the only sibling missing, so that means he's probably on his mission. That puts this picture somewhere between 96 and 98? I think it's closer to 96.





This second picture is a bit older than the first. I know it's post mission because I got that shirt on my mission? Or soon after (maybe the Hawaii trip with Kevin and Dad)? Another big clue that this is after getting home from my mission are the shoes I'm wearing. I wasn't introduced to Adidas Sambas till I was on my mission. There are other clues too... the jean shorts, and casual dress. Pre-mission and High School, I would have been wearing Doc Marten (Dr. Marten's Air Wear) or monkey boots, more black clothing, and pants. The mission really relaxed my style in that way.


I remember really liking that shirt. Grunge music was very popular by the time I was off my mission. That shirt has a picture of Pigpen, and under him is says "Original Grunge". I'm pretty sure this picture was taken in 94.



There you go. A "two-fer" for your Friday flashback fix for the week.

3 comments:

Sara Kelley said...

i love the "reached into my stack of old pictures" method. very UN-thought-out and UN-organized...just my style!

Anonymous said...

Dad probably wanted to take the 1st picture cause hes got snazzy shoes on, my hair on the other hand is so not snazzy, a reminder of why dreads are wonderful.
Your so little in the second one! heehee

Anonymous said...

Dad probably wanted to take the 1st picture cause hes got snazzy shoes on, my hair on the other hand is so not snazzy, a reminder of why dreads are wonderful.
Your so little in the second one! heehee