Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Lucky 13

It was thirteen years ago today, that Anna and I got married.


Anna was 19, and I was 23.



We were married and sealed in the Los Angeles temple by James C. Brown, who was also my stake patriarch, and gave me my patriarchal blessing.



It was a very windy day.



Our photographers were friends of Anna's family, and not members of the church. They took great pictures, but the ones of us in front of the temple almost all have the angel Moroni cut off.



We had whopper hamburgers as our entree at our reception. They were only 99 cents each at the time. We also had tator tots, and an ice cream sundae bar.



We didn't have a receiving line at our reception, nor did we have dancing.



My ex-girlfriend, Joyel, caught the bouquet, and Anna's friend Mike caught the garter belt.



I grew my hair out for the wedding. I now consider that a mistake. I think I pretty much knew that I was going to maintain a shaved head hair style, but I guess I thought having hair would be a better idea. Now I wish I hadn't done that. Oh well.



One other thing we would change, would be to get people other than family to run the kitchen and maintain the food. Anna's siblings did most of that, and didn't get a chance to enjoy the reception or mingle or visit with friends and family. We felt horrible about that.



One thing that is for sure, Anna is the best thing that ever happen to me. Words cannot explain my deep feelings for her.



I love you Anna. Happy Anniversary.



This was taken the summer before we were married.


Here we are, eating Whoppers before the reception starts.


This is us now. (Taken last Feb. at my grandfather's wedding reception)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a cool entry
Happy Anniversary guys
I am glad you married Anna too.

Anonymous said...

i like your now picture better than your then picture.

Unknown said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! a day late, but still...it was a great day when Anna became part of our family!

Anonymous said...

CUTE BOY!!! You are the cutest boy ever! And so are all of you who left nice little comments! Ahhhhh....blech! :)

colleeeen said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Did we go to your reception? I am so brain damaged I can't remember.

Ken said...

@Kim: I like the "now" picture of Anna better the "before". Me, not so much.

@colleeeen: I don't remember either.

Thanks to everyone for the "Happy Anni"s.

MamaDonna said...

I get left behind when I don't check the blogs everyday. Happy Anniversary guys! All of the pictures are cute, but yeah, the newest one is best! We love you both! Congrats on 13!