Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I forgot...

Just when I think I'm getting better at taking pictures of the fun stuff we do together as a family, I forget to take pictures of our family night activity.

It was Liam's turn to conduct. (That means he got to choose who said the prayers, which parent does the scripture story, what our activity or lesson will be [luckily he went with my idea], the tasty treat, etc.

For family home evening we made paper chain advent calendars. Basically a red and green paper chain, that we'll cut a link off of each day till Christmas day (a yellow link). Duncan, Liam, and Jennan each made one.

Our scripture story was Alma teaching about faith, and planting it like a seed in the ground, in our hearts. We've planted seeds together as a family before, so it was very cool to use that experience to teach a gospel principle.

For our tasty treat (refreshments), I made some ice cream. I put in a little rum extract with the vanilla, colored it blue, and called it "bubble-gum" flavored. Maybe next time we have ice cream, I'll make it pink and put in some peppermint extract.

Fun Stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what is in your ice cream?

Ken said...

I use a combination of rice milk and almond milk, sugar and vanilla.
Sometimes I'll put in some other flavorings too like the rum extract, such as mint. Or I'll mix in some chocolate syrup, or even a very mashed up banana, or peanut butter.
All gluten and casein free.
Good stuff.