Friday, December 5, 2008

Ice Cream?

Kristi asked what I used to make ice cream the other night, since the boys are on that gluten and casein free diet.

Well, in case you were wondering too...

I use a very simple recipe of a combination of rice and almond milks, sugar and vanilla. That's it.

Sometimes I'll add another extract like mint or rum. Sometimes I'll add some chocolate syrup or a very mashed banana. I've even put in peanut butter.

It's also fun to put in some food coloring. That also helps to keep it from being the same every time.

We use a Cuisinart ice cream freezer. It's either a 1 or 1 1/2 quart size. We keep the freezing cylinder in the freezer, so it's ready to go at anytime. It only takes 15-20 minutes to make the ice cream.


Another thing I've done recently, is make my own GFCF peanut butter cups. I modified a recipe I found, and used GFCF ingredients to make the peanut butter middles; then used Trader Joe's semi-sweet chocolate chips (diary free), for the chocolate coating. They are very good. Duncan likes them a lot.

So those are some of the desserty things we've done on the GFCF diet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think we all need some samples of the ice cream and peanut butter cups