Friday, December 19, 2008

Anniversary Day

Though our actual anniversary was Tuesday the 16th, we celebrated it by going to Disneyland on Thursday the 18th. Anna's mom and dad kept the kids Wednesday night, all through Friday morning.

We stayed at a hotel across the street from Disneyland Wed. night, spent the day at D-land, drove home that night, and I went to pick up the kids this morning (Anna went to work).

After dropping the kids off at Anna's folks' house, we went to Ernie Jr.'s Taco House for $1 tacos. After getting our fill there, we headed on down to Anaheim. After checking in at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel and Suites, we went to the Denny's down the street and had some caramel apple crisp a la mode, and hot chocolate.

The next morning we also went to Denny's for breakfast. It was a very hearty breakfast, and a good start to our day.


I wasn't really going to pose like this, but Anna got me before I put my finger down.



We went into Disneyland first to get some "Happy Anniversary" buttons to wear. We hoped that they would get us a pack of tortillas in Cal. Adv. We had our picture taken in front of the huge Christmas tree at the start of Main St.



We had some time before Ca. Adv. was open, so we went over to Space Mountain. The line was pretty short. But before we could get on the ride, it broke down. Bummer. But we did pretty much walk right on the Buzz Lightyear ride where I blew Anna away with my huge score.


After getting our buttons, got denied at Space Mountain, and did Buzz, we headed over to California Adventure. We went on Soarin' over California, then went over to the Toy Story Midway ride/game. Anna got in line, I got us some fast passes for California Screamin'. The wait was maybe 15 minutes for the Midway. Anna out scored me. The line was still short, so we got back in it. The second time, I outscored Anna by way more than she outscored me the first time. After that, we went over to California Screamin' and got in the regular line. Our fast passes weren't good yet. The wait was probably 30 min. or so. That's a very fun roller coaster. When we were done, our fast passes were good, and we went again.

We headed over to the Mission tortilla factory. Waited, got our free tortilla sample, and that was it. Neither of us were offered a pack of them. We went through again. This time we asked if we get a pack because it's our anniversary? Nope. Packs are only for birthday button people. Bummer. We also went through the bread demonstration.

From there we went to the Bug's Life Theatre to see the 3D show that the kids don't like. It's a fun show.

Anna wanted pictures of us with our bug eyes on.



That picture of me reminds me of those sunglasses I'm wearing. Wednesday was overcast and rainy. I didn't need my sunglasses. Thursday was sunny; but I had no sunglasses. I forgot them! The sun was bothering my eyes enough (I have very sensitive eyes), that I bought a pair in Disneyland in the morning. I was going to maybe return them at the end of the day, but decided to keep them.


After Bug's Life, we headed on over to Disneyland. Our lunch reservations would be soon. We got some fast passes for Big Thunder Mountain and headed on over to the Blue Bayou for lunch. We knew we needed to try the Monte Cristo sandwich (learned that from last year), but we both didn't want to get the same thing, so I ordered the mahi mahi (but we split both meals). The fish was pretty good, but small. It was on a huge bed of greens. We liked the Monte Cristo; me more than Anna. We both agreed that the powdered sugar was distracting, but I liked the berry sauce a lot, and Anna didn't care for it. The prices are outrageous, by the way.


Taken before the discrepancy between price and food was vastly apparent.




Anna being silly.



By far, the best thing at the Blue Bayou is the cookie boat! The cookie is so good and chewy, and the ice cream is nice and creamy. If we ever go again, we'll just be going for that.





After lunch, we went on Big Thunder Mountain (twice), Pirates, Indiana Jones (twice), Space mountain, Honey I shunk the audience (Anna's idea), Matter Horn, Snow White, Pinocchio, Mr Toad's, did a bunch of walking, etc.


In line at Indiana Jones.






As we were walking out to go to Naples restaurant in downtown Disney, the winter/Christmas lights and snow "show" was happening along Main St. Anna wanted a picture of her with the castle and "snow".



We went to Naples, found my cousin Colleen that works there and made a reservation. In the time before we sat, we looked around downtown Disney and walked in and looked in a lot of the shops there.
Once we were back at Naples, we had some really good mozzarella sticks, and a pizza. Italian pizza sure isn't what we're used to. Anna wasn't that hungry to begin with, so she didn't eat much. I was fine, so I ate more than she did. By this time, around 9:45, we were pretty much done. It had been a long day. We walked back to our car, and headed home. It was a really fun time.
A huge thank you to Anna's mom Bonnie, for watching the kids.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hotel AND Dennys twice AND . . . . thats awesome that you two treated yourselves. Fun