Friday, January 29, 2010

friday flashback 01.29.10 -birthday edition

It was a pretty easy decision for today's flashback photo. My dad had his birthday this week, and since I didn't have the time to put together a birthday post, I knew I'd find a good flashback photo of him for today...



On the back of the photo it says, "January 27, 1982". That was 28 years ago. I was 9 when this picture was taken. I'm pretty sure that makes dad 32 on this birthday? Mom would have been pregnant with Kim at the time.
To put that into perspective, as far as my family goes, Kyle will turn 32 this year. So Kyle is basically the same age as dad was in this picture.
Obviously this is pre-cancer surgery because dad is rocking the 'stache. Other than that, dad still looks basically the same today. The hair may be a thinner and grayer, but it's still all combed back.
Happy birthday dad. Hope you had a fun day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dad says he needs more hair and hair dye. He thinks he had the cancer surgery later in 1982.
Thanks for the post..he liked it...so did I!

Unknown said...

Hey...I just did the math...your Dad is 35 in the picture...he was born in 1947. That still makes you 9 and I am still pregnant with Kim...but it makes him the same age as....KRISTI....!!!