Friday, January 8, 2010

friday flashback 01.08.10

Wow, it's been a few weeks since I was last able to put up a friday flashback. But now that things have gotten back to "normal", I can resume these fun little trips down memory lane.

There's actually 2 pictures this week...

Snowboarding in Big Bear! Back in the day, we would go to "Ski-Dazzle", and get free lift passes for Big Bear. Both pictures are from the same trip.


I'm pretty sure this first picture should have been second. Judging by the snow still stuck on the boards, we're done for the day. I can't quite put my finger on what year this might be... 98? 99? or am I way off? It's after Kevin's mission but before Kyle's? Anyhow, check out Claron's old school board.



That means that this picture was taken before we got on the snow. The DX pose Kristi and I are flashing indicates that we were excited and full of energy. We look awfully dry, too. I'm guessing that those of us in this picture probably drove together, and the others met us up there? Or did we all go together, and Claron and Jason just weren't in this shot? (Anna's taking the picture- but then who took our picture in the other shot?)

So yeah, these are from our early days snowboarding. Eventually we got our own gear. It's been a looooong time since I've been snowboarding. It was always a good time. Kevin and I went together the most, and there are certain CDs that we would listen too, and to this day, when I hear those songs, it takes me back to those drives up and home from Big Bear.
That reminds me, I have pictures from our trip to the cabin a couple weeks ago that I haven't put up here yet. There was enough snow to sled and slide on. The kids had a blast. I'll try to remember to put those up sometime soon.

4 comments:

Anna said...

That was a fun trip! I remember that it was easy to spot Kyle...gotta love those green pants of his! They were good for dances and good for snowboarding!

Kyle said...

I miss snowboarding.

Kevin's mission overlapped with mine so there's a 3 1/2 year block where it couldn't be. I'm guessing this is 2000.

Kristi said...

Its gotta be 2000. I moved to NY that year and had my dreads done in May. My hair in these pictures is about 3 months shy of the length it was when that was done. I wish I remembered this trip better, I know it happened and was fun, but I wish I could see it in my head. We've been talking about snowboarding cause Jason has never really done it. Next winter okay guys?

Ken said...

Yeah, I'm horrible at keeping track of the mission overlaps, dread years, and so on. It must be 2000 then.