Tuesday, January 5, 2010

It's Official...

I've started a weight loss program. What's the program?... Eat what Anna eats. It's working for her, so now I'm getting on the wagon. Wish I had a lump sum of money waiting for me at the "end", too. But I don't.

I do, however, have a 20 year high school reunion in August, I'd rather be slimmer for, so that should keep me on track. (I hope.)

My starting weight is about 235 lbs. (though our scale says 225, but it's about 10 lbs. on the light side.)

My goal weight is 185. I can't imagine being lighter than that, even though most height and weight charts would say that someone that's 5'6" should be between 155 and 170. I'd like to lose at least 40 lbs. by the time of the reunion. That would put me at about 195.

They say goals only count if you write them down... well consider this one written. And as you can probably guess, I'll try to update every week on my progress.

Let the weight loss begin!

(btw- there's not a "before" picture, because all pictures I've been in for years could be my "before" picture. No need for another one.)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

'Tis the season. I am trying to get back to eating less and walking more instead of the other way around.

I have some before and after pictures...but mine are in the wrong order at the moment!

colleeeen said...

I need to join you. I wasn't happy with my fitness level as it was, but after almost breaking my foot last summer I gained around 10 lbs. Gotta nip that in the bud!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristi said...

I love that they let you know there was a comment and that it got deleted by someone official. thats funny.
Its crazy how psychological eating is. I gotta say, with exercise the desire for "bad" food is easier to defeat cause your body's need for good stuff is louder!
Good goal Ken!

Ken said...

I was the one that deleted it. It wasn't from anyone I knew, it looked suspicious, and was hyperlinked, so I deleted it.