Monday, January 11, 2010

monday music 01.11.10

For months, when ever I would see a Cadillac commercial, the song they used made my ears smile, and it's so frustrating, because there are no credits for a commercial, so you have no idea where the music comes from. Or even if the music is original to the commercial, or from an actual band.

I tried searching what I thought were the words of the part of the song on the commercial, but that didn't get me anywhere.

Then I started hearing the song from the commercial on the radio, and I swear, every time I heard it, and waited for it to end, the dj never said what the artist and title was. Drove me crazy.

Finally, the other day, the song was playing (I also always seemed to catch it in the middle of the song, so I never heard an intro.), I turned up the radio, so if the dj mentions the artist and title I'd be able to catch it... lo' and behold, the dj said it was "1901" by Phoenix.

**sigh** Relief.

Here it is:




Bonus Music:
I still can't decide if I like this next song or not. I like the video for the most part, and that's warming me over. The song is "cousins" by Vampire Weekend-

Not at all the type of music I would expect to hear from a band named Vampire Weekend, but I didn't figure that vampires sparkled in the sun either...

Anyhow, any thought on either? Do share...

4 comments:

Sara Kelley said...

i'm a huge vampire weekend fan...love them!
did you read the books or see the movies? or both?? i must admit...i'm a little surprised.

Kristi said...

That first song was cool, the music is better than the vocals. The second one is not my style, I like their 2 guitars though, pretty. And I kept trying to figure out what alley they were in.

Mr. Mustachio said...

I've been a fan of Phoenix for years now. Next time you have a music question, maybe the blogger community could be of help?

colleeeen said...

Vampire Weekend reminds me of Paul Simon's "ethnic" stuff.