Tuesday, January 12, 2010

weighing in

I think I'm adjusting alright to my new eating habits. It's certainly not always fun. The hardest part is trying to not think about what I feel I'm missing, but change it to challenging myself to think of something new to eat that fits my diet plan.

Two things I thought of this week were taco salad, and Philly cheese steak. We're doing low carb eating, so that meant no tortilla for the taco salad, but seasoned ground beef, cheese, plenty of lettuce, and some "light avocado ranch" dressing (it's zesty like guacamole), turned out to be really good. I think I'll pick up some olives to chop into it for next time, too. But it was quite good. Then for the cheese steaks, we just had them bun-less. Picked up some packs of Steak-umms (buy 1 get 1 free at the store last week), a green bell pepper, an onion, and cheese. Sauteed up the pepper and onion, cooked up some of the meat, piled the veggies on the meat in individual servings, then melted cheese over the top... so good.

So yeah, I think keeping everything very flavorful will be a big help in being "good". In all truth, there were times I ate carbs this week too. I took the scouts to a merit badge fair in our district, and I bought donuts for the scouts that showed up, and I ate some too. We had some friends over, made cookies while they were visiting, and I had a cookie. I did only have one instead of a handful (Anna's fault...thanks?), and that was probably a good thing (doesn't mean I didn't want more though).

Because of all that, and not seeing a difference in the mirror yet, I thought I hadn't lost anything this week, but I got on the scale this morning, and weighed about 228. That's 7 pounds less than last week. So that's pretty good. Seeing the success will help to keep me going.

Have a good week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told you so! :)
I knew you had to have lost some! Seven pounds i awesome!

Anna said...

Oopsy, that anonymous comment was me.

Unknown said...

I've only lost 2lb so far....goog job!

Kristi said...

7 and still munchin on donuts is still good. Try TacoLita sauce on your taco salad, sooooo good.