Tuesday, January 26, 2010

upgrade

I finally broke down and purchased a new digital scale. The old dial scale was just too inaccurate and jumpy. The digital scale measures tenths of pounds, in increments of .2. That means the tenths will always be in even numbers.

This week had a lot of "cheats". I had a coupon for a free taco from Del Taco, with any purchase. I purchased a "macho" taco, and got my "classic" taco for free. I was pretty darn hungry, and running errands, so I ate the classic taco with the shell to hold me over till I got home to eat the macho taco without the shell. I didn't know the macho taco had sour scream... but it was sure good.

There was a District Scout recognition dinner on Saturday. I was asked to present an award, so that meant going to the dinner. I ate the garlic mashed potatoes, and rolls with my roast beef and veggies. Also ate the apple cobbler and ice cream.

Our good friends in the ward invited us over after church to hang out and have dinner at their house, but Tegan had just gone down for a nap. So we invited them to come to our house instead. The only cheats I had were eating the spinach-artichoke dip with bread and/or tortilla chips, and the lemon squares we made.

Had a little bit of ice cream at FHE. Plus I probably had other small infractions over the week. But they do add up in the long run.

Other than that, I think I did pretty good about keeping with my diet.

I walked on the treadmill twice since last tuesday. That's pretty ok, but 3 would be better. I also need to start working with my weights as well. Even if I can't go "heavy", something would be better than nothing. I'm not interested in losing muscle, so I need to work them out. Plus, muscle is the only thing that burns calories, so they should be maintained.

I weighed 223.4 this morning. That's only 1.6 pounds lost this week. A total of 11.6 pounds lost. By the way, I eluded to not being satisfied with only losing 3 pounds. After thinking about it, 3 pounds is about right on, for my goals. If I lost 3 lbs. a week, that's 12 lbs. a month. I'd be at my goal weight in about five months. So 3 pounds a week is fine with me (of course that's easily said after only losing half of that this week). Just so long as I'm not adding any weight, I'll be happy.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Keep it going dude. When you up it to jogging a little, also add throwing punches, its fun and reeeeeeally gets ya goin!