Tuesday, January 19, 2010

that's it?

So I weighed myself this morning, and I lost 3 more pounds. That puts me at 225, with a total loss of 10 pounds thus far. I was hoping for more, but 10 lbs. in two weeks isn't that bad I guess. Still not feeling any slimmer.

This week there wasn't any "new" dinners I can think of. Just more of the same.

BUT...

Carl's Jr. continues to score high in our book. You can ask for any of the burgers to be "lettuce-wrapped" when you order. Taking away the bun takes away a lot of the extra carbs and calories. Also, if you're getting a combo meal, you can replace the fries with a salad. Sometimes that might add about 40 cents, but that's not a big deal. Anna and I both has Super Star combos this week- lettuce wrapped, with salad instead of fries. SO GOOD!

In contrast, we had some coupons for Burger King. Guess what? "Lettuce-wrapped" is not an option at Burger King. (Anna was very surprised at that-I figured they didn't.) So we just had them without the buns. So NOT comparable to Carl's Jr. They even excluded some condiments and onion on our bunless burgers. Way less satisfying. Not cool Burger King... not cool.

Also this week, I had a big cheat night. Our youth did temple baptisms, and afterwards, the bishop took the young men out for ice cream. Before I got a chance to mention anything, the Bishop had already paid for everyone to have double scoops... who am I to deny someone the chance to bestow the gift of ice cream on me? Plus, Anna always says, "You can't pass up free food!" So I had a double scoop of ice cream this week... and it was soooooo good.

Ok, so maybe I shouldn't be that surprised at only losing 3 pounds after all.

3 comments:

Sara Kelley said...

10 lbs. in 2 weeks? awesome!

Unknown said...

I agree with Sara...10lbs in 2 weeks is great.
Try skipping any "starch" with dinner just veggies & meat.
Keep up the good work!

MamaDonna said...

You know about the "Protein Burger" option at In 'N Out right? I had a friend who used to get them like that all the time. Its the same thing just wrapped in lettuce :D They don't have salads to go with, but there is practically a salad on the burger anyway.