Tuesday, February 2, 2010

over indulged

Well, I weighed in this morning, and it's not good. I added some weight back on. Oops.

The two days to blame are Saturday and Sunday... ok, and Monday, so that's 3 days.

On Saturday, I started off well- eggs and bacon for breakfast, and a good lunch. But the second half of the day was not as good. The scouts had a pizza fundraiser that evening, and during the activity, we ate some pizza. It was also a "date night" for Anna and I. Our friends in the ward swap babysitting with us, and it was our turn to go out. I had a coupon for Red Robin to get a free appetiser, so we went there. We had a chicken quesadilla for our appetiser. I ordered the turkey burger (kind of on the diet, but not really), and Anna had the Royal burger. But the real down fall was having the refillable rootbeer float! They're nice and big, and oh so good. We put three of them down between us.

On Sunday, a banana for breakfast. A good start. After church, for lunch- pizza (bought from the scouts). Not so good (for the diet, but a really good pizza). Then, that evening, we went to a baptism for Jenny, who lives with my grandfather and his wife Maggy, in Hemet. After the baptism, we went to their house for dinner/refreshments. Cheese tray, fruit tray, homemede chili, sherbet punch, and SANDWICHES! It's been so long since I've had a sandwich, that I ate a bunch of them. Some on crescents, and some on rye bread... all good. Plus there was really good cake. So yeah, not too good for being on a low-carb diet.

It also didn't help that we were sent home with a plate of sandwiches either. I ate a couple for lunch yesterday too. Though I did refrain from eating cake.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Anna was given some cookie dough on Saturday. It's REALLY hard for Anna to pass up cookie dough, so we took it home. We baked them for our family night treat yesterday, and I couldn't resist either. I ate a few too many.

I did get on the treadmill three times this week, including last night (with an additional 10 minutes to boot)... but it wasn't enough to counteract my intake for the week.

I weighed in at 226 lbs. Last week I was at 223.4, so I put 2.6 pounds back on. A lot of that is the caloric and carb intake, but I think most of that is also just the pure weight of the food I ate, and I hope to "drop" a lot of that soon. (What a lovely way to end this post.)

Hope to pull big numbers for next week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sara Kelley said...

i lost 2.6 this week...sorry you found it.