Monday, February 15, 2010

monday flashback from friday 02.12.10

So, I totally spaced on doing a flashback photo on friday. Spent a lot of the day getting ready to go to Pasadena and Studio City.

Dropped the kids off in Pasadena at Grandma and Grandpa's house, so Anna and I could go to a wedding reception in Studio City. We ended up staying the night in Pasadena. On Saturday we spent the day going to the zoo, eating lunch in Ernie Jr.'s Taco House, and visiting the compound in El Monte. Then we went home and to bed.

Aaaaanyhow, what about a picture?...




I spent the day preparing a presentation on the life of Baden-Powell, the founder of the scouting movement, to give to my scouts this weekend. Here's a picture of B-P blowing a Kudu horn. It's a horn made from the horn of a Kudu. It was the way the Matabele tribe would warn each other of danger in Africa in the late 1800s. B-P used it to open Scout Jamborees and Wood Badge Training courses.
I know, pretty boring stuff. But it's what's on my mind.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

merit badge training ahead, DANGER DANGER!!