Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My, How They've Grown

Well, it went by pretty fast, but it's been two weeks since the last garden/flower update. Anna must have done a great job watering, because everything grew, and grew a lot!


Here's what they looked like 2 weeks ago.



Sunflower #1: It's as tall as the fence! That means it's taller than Jennan! Crazy thing is, depending on how tall this one will get, it's not even half way done yet.


Sunflower #2: Is coming along very well. It's almost 19 inches tall.

Pumpkin:It's a little over 6 inches tall, and doing very well.


Here's where things have just about exploded! I came home, and these were all well past double in size! All but the corn have had blooms, so assuming they've been pollinated, we should start to see some vegetable growth soon.


In garden box #2, things are coming right along. The corn has done very well. The sad thing about the corn, was having to "thin" it out. Normally you pluck out some to let others grow better. One row didn't hardly have any growing, just one, and the other row had a bunch. Instead of plucking, I transplanted. I moved them around. The worry is, in moving them around, if there's too much damage to the roots, they'll just dry up and wither away. That was a couple days ago, so I can't quite tell if any are on their way out yet.


In the right corner, that's a pumpkin plant. It's doing pretty well. There's also a couple of brand new sprouts on that mound too. When they get a little bigger, I'll probably move them somewhere else so they can flourish. In the top corner is cantaloupe. The spouts there are getting chewed up by bugs, so I need to put some pesticide on them (organic, or course). Same for the left corner's zucchini sproutlings. There's also a Lima bean plant between the top and left corners that is having a rough time. I think the sun might be too much for it these days.


So yeah, things are looking good. I do still have some Sago Palms I'm trying to grow, but those will be taking a few months more till I see anything. That's if I've done everything right with them.



Btw- Looks like this is my 300th post (that's what my "dashboard" says anyway). Happy 300th post to me!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Wow, really good job on the boxes. Happy plants make everyone who looks at them happy too!

Anna said...

I'm just glad I didn't kill them while you were gone... :)

Ken said...

Yep, so far so good.

Me too.