Friday, July 3, 2009

Friday Flashback 07.03.09

Today's flashback photo was not randomly selected. I've passed by it a number of times lately as I've looked for pictures of Kristi, Keith, and Kim. And since I will be leaving for scout camp tomorrow, I thought I would post this rare picture of me as a scout.




I'm not in uniform or anything, but I have just returned from a 10 day or so backpacking trip in the high sierras. Might have even been 2 weeks long, I don't remember.


I was attending my uncle's troop at the time in Arcadia. They had a good program. I remember doing a yard sale fundraiser with that troop, after almost every troop meeting we would play capture the flag, and we spent a lot of time preparing for that sierra trip.


Now, as a scoutmaster, I do my best to try and remember my experiences as a scout, and I don't have very many, but it does make me want to provide a memorable experience for the scouts I work with. I value scouting WAY more as a leader than I ever did as a youth. Perspective can change a lot of things. I hope to transfer my enthusiasm for scouting to Duncan and Liam.


I'll be at scout camp till the 11th. This year, Camp Tahquitz has put together an "internet cafe(?)" for the adult leaders. That means I'll get to sign up for computer time to check emails and such. That means I might actually be able to do a couple posts on the bloggy blog here during the week. We'll have to wait and see.


Have a safe and happy 4th of July.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

it's time to play "Name that Spot in Mom & Dad's House". i'm guessing it's the corner in the living room my mom & dad's bedroom door. (that's just a random guess... i really have no idea).

Anna said...

I love "Name that Spot in Mom and Dad's House!" I immediately thought it was over where the computer is! Any other ideas? Not like we need them...I'm so the senior!

By the way, have fun at camp Ken! We miss you already!

colleeeen said...

The classic orange frame pack! I think my Dad let me use his for my disastrous Girls Camp overnight hike. "Ugly and uncomfortable" must have been all the rage back then.