Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Added Features

Starting to really see some progress with the garden this past week.

Here is Jennan and Tegan with the first "fruits" of our labor. Those strawberries were SO good. There were a couple others right behind those that still needed a couple of dayd. But the critters got them before we did! Grrrrr! (btw-great picture, taken by Anna)



So here's the garden as a whole. There are some differences in this photo from last week's photo, not including the actual growth.

In box one- Added another broccoli plant that was still waiting for a home. I put it between a couple of strawberry plants. Crazy to think that it's still the same size as when I bought it, compared to the ones I transplanted in the beginning. I also added another plant, but it's tough to see in this shot. I put another strawberry plant in between a couple of the broccoli plants. Other than the new editions, everything is looking good. The watermelon plant is still so small, but it's still green, so I'm leaving it alone.


The broccoli plants are kickin' butt!



Look what I see!




In box 2- There are a few additions in here as well. I added a zucchini at the end of the corn. We'll see how well it does there. I also added the last two homeless broccoli plants between the corn and lone strawberry plant. Other than that, the corn is filling out nicely, as well as the initial zucchini transplants. So far so good.





Then there's this...
I cleared all the weeds and stuff out from the area we dug out last summer. I tilled it over with a pick axe, and put in three rows of corn seeds! Should take 7-10 days to see sprouts. It might take a little longer since the weather is so cool these days. But we'll see.
So yeah, that's what's going on garden wise. Fun stuff.







1 comment:

Anna said...

Hooray! I can't wait to enjoy the fruits of your labor! Just call me the cow from the little red hen!