Thursday, December 3, 2009

Garden't you going to show us your garden.

My, how things have changed!

I'm not sure what happened, but the pumpkin plants all dried up and withered away.

As you can see here, all the large green leaves and yellow blossoms have all pretty much turned to dust. That's the large pumpkin still on the vine. I think it must have gotten too cold at night the past week or so. I picked the pumpkin right after this picture was taken.


Here's the smaller pumpkin. As you can see, it never fully changed color. I'm guessing it doesn't ripen after it's been picked, so this one will probably just be a decoration in the house. I picked this one today as well.

Since you last saw the corn, it's grown well above the tops of the zucchini next to it. They're not nearly as tall as the last batch, but they look like they're trying to mature. I think there's a tiny ear growing on one of the stalks. Still glad it's doing as well as it is.


Here's a shot of both planters. The corn in the near planter is about half the size of the ones in the other planter.

If I get a chance this week, I'll be pulling up all the pumpkin and old zucchini plants. Still haven't had a chance to find anything else to plant. I may just wait till spring to put in some new veggies. We'll see.


No comments: