Tuesday, December 22, 2009

eight years ago today

Eight years ago today, we fulfilled our commandment to multiply... Duncan was born!

It was an exciting day. We were parents. Our work to raise a child in the gospel had begun.

Here we are. The beginnings of a new family.

Shortly after Duncan was born, he was blessed. In that blessing, a whole life's worth of blessings are/were mentioned. Soon, one of the first blessings, to be baptised, will happen. Duncan has chosen to be baptised. The anticipation for such an important event for our eight year old is almost overwhelming. We pray that it will be a day he remembers for eternity, and something he can recall in times of struggle that will strengthen him.

Happy Birthday Duncan!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We love this post...after all...OUR son wrote it!
It is also the beginning of our journey as grandparents.

Anna said...

The first time I read this, I had to walk away because I was too teary to try to comment! Duncan is such a rad boy and so is his Dad! I love you guys! Gotta go...it's happening again... :)

Judy said...

I can't believe Duncan is already eight! It doesn't seem that long ago that he was just moving up from Sunbeam. Where does the time go?

Lisa Murphy said...

awesome blog. what sweet comments aout Duncan. I got teary-eyed too. I'm proud of you guys and your adorable family. Keep up the great job.