Friday, December 11, 2009

friday flashback(s) 12.11.09

I must be in the "giving" mood I guess, because I've got a handful of pictures to share this week...

'Tis the season!



Here's one of the best homemade fireplaces I ever made as a kid/youth for Christmas. Written on the back is the date- 1988.


This picture too, has the date of 1988 on the back. I would have been a junior in HS, Kristi a freshman, Kevin in 7th, and so on. This must have been taken with a 110 film camera because it's so grainy. (Same with the fireplace picture.)

Yet, this picture is from 1984(?), and it's MUCH clearer? So it must have been taken with a 35mm film camera. Weird that the clarity is in opposite order from the years they were taken. Anyhow, Kelly isn't in the picture, but she would have been born. Don't know what's up with that, but there's the rest of us. Kevin looks so much like Aidan to me there.


Seems I only ever have "vintage" or "old" pictures from my side of the family. I dug a little deeper recently and found a whole lot of gems I'll be sharing in the future. But seeing as how this is a Christmas picture post, I decided to put these up.

Here's Anna one Christmas morning a year or two before I made her mine. Is that a pair of "chones" on her head? Yep, she's a keeper!



Here's Anna in front of the Christmas tree in 1982. (There's a "developed" date on the back that says- Jan 83.) That would make Anna 6 years old when this was taken. That's how old Liam will be this Christmas. Fun stuff.

That was a fun trip down memory lane. So fun to look at old Christmas pictures. Looking forward to making some more Christmas memories this year as well.


4 comments:

Sara Kelley said...

i totally remember that curious george and i had that E.T. FOREVER! i actually had it so long that the material started peeling off and i kept it in a ziploc bag...i'm pretty sure i was in h.s. then...but then...i finally threw it away. i don't even remember who it was given to originally...i know it wasn't me...but i remember loving it!

Kristi said...

Why is Anna all alone by the tree? Wheres the group shot? It was my favorite when we had our stockings hung on the fireplace! And where is the picture that we are all but Kimber looking at?

Ken said...

That would be awesome to find the other picture.

Anna said...

Yup, those are buzzard chonies that Dad gave me. Dang, I'm so cool.
Sara, I looked at that picture and totally only saw the Dog stuffed animal because I loved it so much. However, it doesn't even compare to how much you loved that ET!!! I had totally forgotten about that thing...and I can testify that she really did put it in a ziplock bag and keep it for a LONG time after it was totally falling apart! Good times! And doesn't that curious george make you hungry for salad? :)